It is always great to share your experiences, insights with other startup people or aspiring entrepreneurs.
On 24th May 2019 members of the Traction Camp team landed to Lviv to help 20 startups businesses to grow.
The Ukrainian Catholic University Center for Entrepreneurship organized the event Startups in Ukraine with more than 100 people attending.
It was a very interesting and diverse panel discussion with startup and investor experts from 8 different countries. The panelists were Max Gurvits, Serial founder & Investor (Sofia, Bulgaria), Erik Anderson, Entrepreneur & Investor (Los Angeles, USA), Yulia Zimmermann, Director & Online Channel Marketing Expert at Qardio Inc. (San Francisco, USA), Victoria Lytvyn, Business advisor (San Francisco, USA), Alexander Sumin, Entrepreneur (Sofia, Bulgaria), Alexandra Balkova, Startup Wise Guys (Vilnius, Lithuania), Alina Gratschner, Serial Entrepreneur (Switzerland) and myself.
The discussion was moderated by Ivan Petrenko, Executive Director at the UCU Center of Entrepreneurship.
Some key points from the discussion:
- Don't forget to solve a problem that a lot of people are willing to pay for the solution.
- Build relationships before accepting the money of an investor.
- Have a global vision to improve or change an industry
- Bootstrap until you need investment
- Ukraine has an amazing pool of IT talents and the infrastructure to build unicorns.
- Build a rock star team for your startup business
- Growth mindset and networking outreach play an important role if you want to succeed
Many thanks to UCU Center for Entrepreneurship, the Swiss and US AID REG Entrepreneur-In-Residence program and the Traction Camp for inviting us all to share our international startup experiences among aspiring entrepreneurs in Lviv, Ukraine.
Some more photos from the awesome event